I am thrilled to introduce you to Dominican Republic Visitor or DRVisitor.com.
* An ecotourism, adventure and culture-focused resource and blog on the Dominican Republic.
* A companion website to my new edition of Moon Dominican Republic guidebook, published in November 2016.
* A travel planning resource for the independent traveler seeking to immerse and feel the diverse landscape, people, and soul of the DR.
Here's where you can start learning more about this new resource:
- About DR Visitor
- About DR Visitor's Author
- About Moon Dominican Republic guidebook, which this site will help keep up to date between editions.
- About Responsible Travel
This website has been in the works since March 2016–in between my multiple freelance projects, travels, and guidebook assignments. I knew from the start what I wanted the logo to look like, and that I wanted a highly visual website to showcase my DR photos (of which I have thousands upon thousands from around the country). It was then created, designed, and structured with the help of a friend's web design company Nucleus Creative, based in Kingston, Jamaica.
I planned to wait a couple more months when the site has a lot more content, but there's no time like the present–a new year. You can already get overall background information on the country, tips on how to select from its various regions, and enjoy vibrant photos and event recaps.
DR Visitor will focus on cultural, eco-tourism, and adventure-focused experiences in the Dominican Republic, and guide you towards select, special places to eat or stay, activities, and interesting facts. It features several excerpts from Moon Dominican Republic. And it will be a place for any important updates to the guidebook's content in-between editions.
As with all of my work, all posts and the website will have accompanying vibrant photography, and/or video. And as with the guidebook, the goal is to showcase and support an authentic, diverse Dominican Republic that many do not know or see, and one in which independent travelers want to immerse.
There will also be travel-related breaking news, updates on openings or closings, events, and more about life in the DR on the Blog.
For now, the website has basic Google language translation capability (which as we know can be hilariously off) but I hope to upgrade this function in the future.
Feel free to share DR Visitor with those planning an upcoming trip or even those who love the DR, and be sure to bookmark it. There will be regular blog posts, photo essays, or vlogs. You can also join over on the new Instagram and Facebook accounts.
The Experience section is being populated as we speak, and will be filled as new spots and developments worth highlighting emerge.
In a few months, I will have more information on audience visitor statistics and advertising opportunities.
Thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoy learning about the Dominican Republic I love.
Latest posts by Lebawit Lily Girma (see all)
- #MoonDR2019 Dispatch: It’s a wrap! - September 18, 2018
- #MoonDR2019 Dispatch: Barahona Province and Pedernales - June 29, 2018
- What’s Hot: June and July 2018 Events around the Dominican Republic — DRVisitor.com’s Top Picks - June 5, 2018