The Samana Peninsula on CNN
I am delighted to share my latest article for CNN on outdoor adventures on the Samaná Peninsula, and showcasing this northeastern corner's dreamy tropical landscape.
With its gorgeous beaches, clifftops, rugged waves and forest-tucked waterfalls, Samaná is easy to fall in love with — many do as soon as they lay eyes on its Survivor Series-worth beaches riddled with caves and sparkling turquoise waters. But it's also home to humpback whales from January through March, fresh water rivers and bays, and one of the largest national parks: Los Haitises.
Check out the article for many more eco-adventures you can have on the Samaná Peninsula, and my best tips.
Click here if you missed my prior piece on Playa Rincón — part of CNN's "A Year of the Worlds Best Beaches" digital feature.
And a big thanks to Go Dominican Republic (the DR Ministry of Tourism), for the shoutout to my DRVisitor.com blog and CNN article on social media yesterday!
For New Visitors to the website
Did you just land on my DRVisitor.com website from the CNN article?
Welcome! Here are a few recommended blog posts, photos, and articles to get a feel of what DRVisitor is about.
- About DRVisitor
- About the Author
- About The Guidebook: Moon Dominican Republic
- How to Pick A Region To Visit in the DR
- 13 Free and Affordable Fun Things to Do in Santo Domingo
- The Dominican Republic's Best Beaches
- What's Hot: March 2018 Events around the Dominican Republic
- Six Reasons You Should Visit Las Galeras
- News: Dominican Republic Tourist Card Incorporated into Airfare in 2018
- Learning Dominican Spanish Phrases
And a whole lot more on DRVisitor.com/blog. Happy browsing!
For additional advice on where to stay or eat on the Samaná Peninsula, and other parts of the DR, or how you can overnight in Los Haitises National Park, get a copy of Moon Dominican Republic guidebook.
Subscribe to the Blog
Latest posts by Lebawit Lily Girma (see all)
- 2019 Dominican Republic Most Anticipated Events, Hotels and Updates - January 8, 2019
- #MoonDR2019 Dispatch: It’s a wrap! - September 18, 2018
- #MoonDR2019 Dispatch: Barahona Province and Pedernales - June 29, 2018